3 Home Improvement Ideas For Spring In Jacksonville, FL
“Spring is the time of plans and projects.” - Leo Tolstoy. Spring brings out the desire to swing open and scrub everything down to get your house looking its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Jacksonville to give your home a fresh start.
1. Go Through A Spring Checkup For Safety And Energy Efficiency
Spring is the perfect time to make sure your home’s systems are running properly for the the upcoming summer months. Homeowners in Jacksonville should inspect these things each spring:
- HVAC System. Run your air conditioning system to make sure it’s ready for summer. Swap out your furnace and air conditioning filters so that your HVAC system is energy efficient. Local HVAC companies may offer this service for a low fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Keep your loved ones safe by testing your carbon monoxide and smoke alarms. Put fresh batteries in your alarms in the spring and in the fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Inspect the caulking around doors, windows, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for small cracks. Repair the caulking as needed. Install window treatments, such as plantation shutters, to improve your window’s energy efficiency and temperature control. Open and close your windows to make sure that they can freely move.
2. Give Your House A Deep Clean So That It Shines
If you want to see your house really shine, give it a deep clean. Start by decluttering your rooms to open up the area. After that, clean surfaces you don’t wipe down weekly.These areas include floors, kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, and ceiling fans. Shine your bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Vacuum your furniture, and clean under and behind it as well.
Brighten your home by cleaning your windows. Scrub your windows and screens to remove smudges and dust. Wipe down your shutters, and clean your shades and draperies. You can give your window blinds a lift with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Give Your Rooms a New Look By Redecorating
Now that you’ve cleaned your house and decluttered it, it’s time for the fun part: redecorating.
An easy way to redecorate is to find new ways to use things you already have. Rearrange the furniture to update the room’s look. Or try shopping your home. This means you switch out the accessories and furniture you already own between rooms. Add more color with paint, colorful accent pillows, and plants.
If you’re ready to completely redo a room, then browse through our idea gallery for new ideas and inspiration. It’s packed with photos of eye-catching rooms and window treatments for any space in your home. Once you’ve chosen the style and color scheme you want, you can bring in paint colors, furniture, and accent pieces.
Window treatments are a simple thing to update that complements your style and brightens your home. You can pick from a range of shutters including plantation shutters, reclaimed wood shutters, and barn door shutters. We also offer shades and blinds.
Check Out More Design Tips
Take a look at our design tips for even more ideas for inspiration. And if you find a look and window treatment that you like, give us a call at 904-289-1663 or fill out the form below to schedule a free in-home consultation. Our professionals will guide you in finding the best window treatment to give your home a beautiful, fresh look this spring.